Uncovering the root cause of your fear and anxiety is the first, and one of the most important, steps to overcoming fear. Here are 7 simple ways to start this journey:
1. Challenge your negative thoughts. When experiencing thoughts that make you fearful, challenge those considerations by making inquiries that will keep up objectivity and sound judgment.
2. Focus on an answer. When you discover the genuine wellspring of your fears, the following step is to discover the solutions that will take care of your issue. With the assistance of an expert, record a rundown of conceivable strategies and solutions that you think will deal with your fear and tensions. Then, try applying the methods that you uncovered.
3. Appraisal toward oneself. An individual can discover the wellspring of his or her own reasons for alarm by doing some appraisal toward oneself furthermore by conversing with an expert. Making inquiries, for example, “Why am I apprehensive?” or “What is bringing about my uneasiness?” will lead you in the right direction.
4. Be intelligent in managing your reasons for fear. Do not try to tackle everything at once. When facing an anxiety-producing task, break the task into a series of smaller steps. Completing these smaller tasks one at a time will make the stress more manageable and increase your chances of success.
5. Figure out how to take it one day at a time without rushing too much. Instead of worrying about how you will get through the rest of the week or coming month, try to focus on today. Each day can provide you with different opportunities to learn new things. That includes learning how to deal with your problems. When the time comes, hopefully you will have learned the skills to deal with your situation.
6. Get the facts. Sometimes we encounter scary, upsetting situations. When encountering these events, always remember to get all of the facts of the given situation. Gathering the facts can prevent you from relying on exaggerated and fearful assumptions. By focusing on the facts, you can rely on what is reality and what is not.
7. Grow from experience. In every uneasiness delivering circumstance you experience, start to realize what lives up to expectations, what doesn’t work, and what you have to enhance in dealing with your reasons for alarm and tensions. For example, you have a great deal of uneasiness and you choose to go out for a stroll to help you feel better. Whenever you feel on edge, you can advise yourself that you got past it the last time by going out for a stroll. This will issue you the certainty to deal with your nervousness whenever it comes around.